Monday, November 12, 2012

We Started Singing....

In my head right now I am singing that one song "The day the music died... they started singing bye bye Miss American Pie..."and I have no idea why, but I'm sure you will have it stuck in your head soon too. Just wait, its like a silent killer.... "Drove the chevy to the levy but the levy was dry..."

Perhaps it is stuck in my head as this has been the longest in between posts, and I feel like this song almost applies to me and the blog! But don't worry the reason I have seemed to be singing "bye bye" is because I have been working on TONS of recipes! So many that I have created a collection for this fine holiday we have coming up that is centered all around gratitude and food!!!! Check this out:


Its a mini cookbook all in honor of Thanksgiving!
So there are side, appetizer, soup, entree, and dessert recipes all rolled into this one awesome creation! I'm super happy with it, and it comes with some nutritional information and a shopping list. I hope hope hope you like it too!! As a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this (*side note, what an odd saying*) I am going to be selling it online for $5. So if you are in the mood this holiday season to eat right, and go about it the easy way then let me help you out! Click on the "Thanksgiving Day Meal Plan" tab and get yours today! It is 100% vegan, gluten-free, and delicious!


To entice you to check out the meal plan, here is a free-bee! 



Tahitian Squash Bites (or Butternut Squash)
serves 6-10 as an appetizer
gluten free


Ingredients:
1 large Tahitian squash (or butternut squash)*
½ cup green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons tamari (gluten free)
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
2-3 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut the squash into rounds (about and inch thick). Rub the pieces of squash with a little bit of oil and place in a large baking dish. Cook the squash for 40-45 minutes.



While the squash is cooking mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.

Once the squash is finished and has cooled to a handling temperature peel the squash, and cut into shapes (I opted to make little circles); then plate on your serving tray. Using a pastry brush dip the brush into the sauce you made, and brush a little of the sauce on each piece of squash. Then using a fork or slotted spoon scoop out the green onion and place on top of each squash piece.

*Tahitian Squash looks very similar to a butternut squash but has a darker coloring on the outside, and has a sweeter taste. Making it ideal for these little bites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment