Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Dessert for Batman!

I am in no way trying to geek out on you lovely folks with a comic book reference, but the Dark Knight series is about to come to a close this month with Christopher Nolan's 'Dark Knight Rises' film and it looks INTENSE! Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8  


I know that the manfriend is going to want to see it, so I figured I would need a delicious chocolate treat to comfort me when the movie is over as I am sure to be emotionally drained. For those of you who don't know this about me, I cannot - in any way - handle scary movies. I am that girl in the movie theater that hides her face in the arm of the person next to her (sorry manfriend), screams when the boogie man jumps out (sorry good people in the audience), and pretends she has to pee every time the music starts to sound like it is leading up to something frightening (sorry folks in my row). I like comedy, action-comedy, and the occasional chick-flick. I am not ashamed of this at all: I am a scaredy-cat. 


Found on Google Images
Anyway, as I know myself well I am preparing my kitchen with comforting desserts that will distract my overactive imagination when we arrive home from this film. Lo and behold, I have created a dark chocolate flavorful distraction that I'm sure Batman himself would appreciate after a hard night of fighting Gotham City's most awful villans. So from my kitchen to yours I present Dark-Knight Chocolate Mousse!!







Dark-Knight Chocolate Mousse
(serves 4-6 people)
Gluten Free!

Ingredients:
1 cup cashews (soaked for 6 hours)
1 cup (scant) almond milk (or coconut milk)
1/2 cup cacao powder
10-12 dates (soaked for 2 hours)
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla


Optional:
Melted dark chocolate drizzled on top
Berries!!

Part of the joy to this dessert is the simplicity of it all. Put all the ingredients in your food processor or blender, with the exception of the milk. Add half of it in at first, and then as you are blending pour more in for desired consistency. I used all of my milk, but you may want a thicker mousse. Once you have blended to your desired consistency place the mousse in your mode of serving (i.e. bowl, small cup, little adorable pastry bites, etc.) 


Place the mousse in your fridge to cool. If you are impatient (like me) 30 minutes is about enough time. But if you really want it to be delicious and cool give it an hour. My plan is to whip up some mousse and then leave it in the fridge while we are at the movie theater. Then wha-lah! I arrive home emotionally battered, and have my delicious dessert ready to be devoured! 


Yum! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks completely DELISH! Yum. I am going to copy you and make mine for after the movie too. Great idea! Thank you for sharing and keep up the good recipes for us all to try.

    ReplyDelete